Geological formations are typically named for the area they are located by. If the formation is a particular rock type like silt or sandstone, the type is most likely included in the name as well. For example, the Entrada Sandstone is mostly a sandstone formation located in Utah named in 1928 after Entrada Point.
While Aegis Energy Partners is actively interested in mineral acquisitions and rights throughout United States and Canada, we have a specific focus on the following geological formations:
- Bakken Shale – located in North Dakota and Montana
- Marcellus Shale – in Pennsylvania and West Virginia
- Eagle Ford – in South Texas
- Georgetown, Glen Rose & Woodbine – located in South and Central Texas
- Spraberry, Wolfberry, Wolfcamp & Cline Shales (Permian Basin) – in West Texas and Southeastern New Mexico
- Granite Wash (Anadarko Basin) – located in Western Oklahoma and Texas panhandle
- Marmaton, Tonkawa & Cleveland (Anadarko Basin)
- Mississippian – in Northern Oklahoma & Kansas
- Woodford Shale in Anadarko and Arkoma Basins
- Fayetteville Shale located in Arkansas
- Haynesville Shale in East Texas and Northern Louisiana
Aegis Energy Partners, LLC is dedicated to providing you with a fair market price for your producing and non-producing properties. Please contact us to send a message and learn more about how Aegis Energy Partners can help you with mineral acquisitions.